Call for Papers - February 2017 Edition
International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research (IJCATR) call for research paper for Volume 6 Issue 2 February 2017 Edition. Submit manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date of manuscript submission is January 31, 2017.
International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research (IJCATR)
Volume 2 Issue 1 January-February 2013
Security for Effective Data Storage in Multi Clouds
T. Neetha , CH. Sushma
Keywords: Cloud Computing, Behaviour Trust, Data integrity, Evaluation Strategy.
Cloud Computing is a technology that uses the internet and central remote servers to maintain data and applications. Cloud computing allows consumers and businesses to use applications without installation and access their personal files at any computer with internet access. This technology allows for much more efficient computing by centralizing data storage, processing and bandwidth. The use of cloud computing has increased rapidly in many organizations. Cloud computing provides many benefits in terms of low cost and accessibility of data. Ensuring the security of cloud computing is a major factor in the cloud computing environment, as users often store sensitive information with cloud storage providers but these providers may be untrusted. Dealing with “single cloud” providers is predicted to become less popular with customers due to risks of service availability failure and the possibility of malicious insiders in the single cloud. A movement towards “multi-clouds”, or in other words, “interclouds” or “cloud-of clouds” has emerged recently. This paper surveys recent research related to single and multi-cloud security and addresses possible solutions. It is found that the research into the use of multicloud providers to maintain security has received less attention from the research community than has the use of single clouds. This work aims to promote the use of multi-clouds due to its ability to reduce security risks that affect the cloud computing user.
- H. Shacham, B. Waters (Dec 2008), "Compact proofs of retrievability", in Proc. of Asiacrypt 2008, vol. 5350, pp. 90–107
- M.A.Shah, R.Swaminathan, M. Baker (2008), "Privacy preserving audit and extraction of digital contents", Cryptology ePrint Archive.
- Q. Wang, C. Wang, J. Li, K. Ren, W. Lou (2009), "Enabling public verifiability and data dynamics for storage security in cloud computing", in Proc. of ESORICS’09, Saint Malo.
- Wang, K. Ren, W. Lou (2010), “Achieving secure, scalable, and fine-grained access control in cloud computing”, in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM’10, San Diego, CA, USA.
- [Online] Available : Amazon.com, “Amazon s3 availability event: (2008),” Online at http://status.aws.amazon.com/ s3- 20080720.html.
- Cloud Security Alliance, (2009) “Security guidance for critical areas of focus in cloud computing,” 9, [Online]
title = "Security for Effective Data Storage in Multi Clouds",
journal = "International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research",
volume = "2",
number = "1",
pages = "16 - 18",
year = "2013",
author = "T.Neetha, CH. Sushma ",