Call for Papers - March 2017 Edition
International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research (IJCATR) call for research paper for Volume 6 Issue 3 March 2017 Edition. Submit manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date of manuscript submission is February 28, 2017.
International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research (IJCATR)
Volume 2 Issue 1 January-February 2013
Speed Determination of Moving Vehicles using Lucas-Kanade Algorithm
Dolley Shukla, Ekta Patel
Keywords:Tracking, Optical flow, Motion estimation, Lucas-Kanade algorithm,velocity.
This paper presents a novel velocity estimation method for ground vehicles. The task here is to automatically estimate vehicle speed from video sequences acquired with a fixed mounted camera. The vehicle motion is detected and tracked along the frames using Lucas-Kanade algorithm. The distance traveled by the vehicle is calculated using the movement of the centroid over the frames and the speed of the vehicle is estimated. The average speed of cars is determined from various frames. The application is developed using MATLAB and SIMULINK.
- Y. Wang, J.Ostermann, Y.O.Zhang, E.F. (1995), “Video Processing and Communications”, Prentice Hall.
- Mehrubeoglu, M. and McLauchlan, L., E.F. ( 2006 ), “Determination of traffic intensity from camera images using image processing and pattern recognition techniques”, Proc. SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, SPIE Vol. 6063, 60630Q-1 -60630Q-12.
- An, X., Qin, X. and Bao, H., E.F.( 2006 ), “Automatic and robust classification of independent motions in video sequences”, Proc. SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, Vision Geometry XIV, SPIE 6066, 60660B-1 – 60660B-8.
- Yu, X.-D., Duan, L.-Y., and Tian, Q., E.F.( 2002 ), “Highway traffic information extraction from skycam MPEG Video”, Proc.IEEE 5th International Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Sys., pp.37-42.
- Anagnostopoulos, C.-N. E., Anagnostopoulos, I. E., Psoroulas, I. D., Loumos, V., and Kayafas, E., E.F.( 2008 ), “License Plate Recognition From Still Images and Video Sequences: A Survey”, IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems,9(3), pp.377-391
- Garibotto, G., Castello, P., Del Ninno, E., Pedrazzi, P, and Zan, G., E.F.( 2001 ), “Speed-vision: speed measurement by license plate reading and tracking”, Proc. IEEE Intelligent Transportation Sys. Conf. , pp.585-590.
- Pelegrí, J., Alberola, J., and Llario, V., E.F.( 2002 ), “Vehicle detection and car speed monitoring systems using GMR magnetic sensors”, Proc. IEEE 2002 28th Annual Conf. Industrial Electronics Society, pp.1693-1695.
- Li, Y., Yin, L., Jia, Y., and Wang, M., E.F.( 2008 ), “Vehicle speed measurement based on video images”, Proc. 3rd International Conf. Innovative Computing Information and Control, pp.439-442.
- He, Z., Liu, Y., Yu, H., and Ye, X., E.F. ( 2008 ), “Optimized algorithms for traffic information collecting in an embedded system”, Proc. Congress on Image and Signal Processing, Vol. 4, pp. 220-223.
- S. Baker, I. Matthews, E.F.( March 2004 ), ”Lucas-Kanade 20 Years On: A Unifying Framework”, IJCV, Vol.56, No. 3, pp. 221-255.
- Lazaros Grammatikopoulos, George Karras, Elli Petsa, E.F.(November 2005), “Automatic Estimation of Vehicle Speed from Uncalibrated Video Sequences”, International Symposium on Modern Technologies, Education and Professional Practice in Geodesy and related fields, Sofia,pp.03 – 04.
- Savan Chhaniyara, Pished Bunnun, Lakmal D. Seneviratne and Kaspar Althoefer, E.F.( MARCH 2008), “Optical Flow Algorithm for Velocity Estimation of Ground Vehicles: A Feasibility Study”, International Journal on smart sensing and intelligent systems, VOL. 1, PP. 1.
- J.L. Barron, D.J. Fleet, S.S.Beauchemin, T.A. Burkitt, E.F. (1992), “Performance of Optical Flow Techniques”, Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 236-242.
- A. M Tekalp, E.F(1995), “Digital Video Processing Englewood Cliffs”, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
title = "Speed Determination of Moving Vehicles using Lucas-Kanade Algorithm;,
journal = "International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research",
volume = "2",
number = "1",
pages = "32 - 36",
year = "2013",
author = "Dolley Shukla, Ekta Patel ",