Volume 6 Issue 1 January 2017
Analysis of Modeling Performance and Simulation Tools for Wireless Sensor Networks
A. MOUIZ,A. BADRI, A. BAGHDAD, A. SAHEL
Keywords: Wireless sensor networks; modeling; simulation; routing; energy consumption; OPNNET; OMNeT ++; NS2.
Wireless sensor networks rapidly invaded several application domains. The nodes that make up these networks are electronic devices designed and sized to meet the needs of surveillance, data collection and transport, communication, etc. However, Operation and design of the wireless sensor network systems require reliable and efficient simulation tools before actual implementation of the application. In this paper an analysis of the performance of the modeling phase of the network and simulation tools was presented as a synthesis to evaluate the performance of the systems of a wireless sensor network.
- A. Mouiz, A. Badri, A. Baghdad, A. Ballouk, and H. Lebbar. “Analysing Study of a Contribution to Minimize the Energy Consumption and Improve the Performance of Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology & Security (IJCSITS), ISSN: 2249-9555 Vol.6, No1. Jan-Feb 2016.
- H. Unterassinger, M. Dielacher, M. Flatsher, S. Gruber, G. Kowalczyk, J. Prainsack, T. Herndl, J. Schweighofer, and W. Pribyl. “A Power Management Unit for Ultra-Low Power Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE Africon, the Falls Resort and Conference Centre, ISSN: 2153-0033, Livingstone, Zambia, 13 - 15 Sept 2011.
- W. Du, D. Navarro, F. Mieyeville, and I. O'connor. “IDEA1: A Validated SystemC-Based Simulator for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2011 IEEE 8th International Conference on, ISSN: 2155-6806, 15 Nov 2011.
- B. Kan, L. Cai, L. Zhao, and Y. Xu. “Energy Efficient Design of WSN Based on an Accurate Power Consumption Model”, Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, 2007. WiCom 2007. International Conference on, ISSN: 2161-9646, 21-25 Sept 2007.
- M. Korkalainen, M. Sallinen. “A Survey of RF-Propagation Simulation Tools for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM), 2010 Fourth International Conference on, ISBN: 978-1-4244-7537-7, 18-25 July 2010.
- G. V. Merrett, N. M. White, N. R. Harris, and B. M. Al-Hashimi. “Energy aware simulation for wireless sensor networks”, in Proc. of the 6th Annual IEEE communications society conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, ser. SECON’09. Piscataway, NJ, USA: IEEE Press, 2009, pp. 64–71.
- G. N. Bravos, A. G. Kanatas, A. Kalis. “Power Control Techniques for Energy Efficient Wireless Sensor Networks”, Wireless Conference 2006 - Enabling Technologies for Wireless Multimedia Communications (European Wireless), 12th European, ISBN: 978-3-8007-2961-6, 1 June 2011.
- X. Chang, “Network simulations with OPNET”, Simulation Conference Proceedings, 1999 winter. ISBN: 0-7803-5780-9. 06 Aug 2002.
- X. Xian, W. Shi, and H. Huang, “Comparison of OMNET++ and other simulator for WSN simulation”, Industrial Electronics and Applications, 2008. ICIEA 2008. 3rd IEEE Conference on. ISSN: 2156-2318. 1 August 2008.
- A. R. Khan, S. M. Bilal, and M. Othman. “A performance comparison of open source network simulators for wireless networks”, IEEE International Conference on Control System Computing and Engineering, Nov 2012.
- M. Korkalainen, M. Sallinen, N. Kärkkäinen, P. Tukeva. “Survey of Wireless Sensor Networks Simulation Tools for Demanding Applications”, Networking and Services, 2009. ICNS '09. Fifth International Conference on. ISBN: 978-1-4244-3688-0. 26 May 2009.
- S. A. Madani, J. Kazmi, S. Mahlknecht. “Wireless sensor networks: modeling and simulation”, World's largest Science, Technology & Medicine Open Access book publisher. Chapter from the book Discrete Event Simulations.
- M. Imran, A. M. Said, and H. Hasbullah, “A Survey of Simulators, Emulators and Testbeds for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Information Techonology (ITSim), International Symposium in, pp. 897 – 902. ISBN: 978-1-4244-6715-0. Jun 2010.
title = "Analysis of Modeling Performance and Simulation Tools for Wireless Sensor Networks ",
journal = "International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research",
volume = "6",
number = "1 ",
pages = "009 - 012 ",
year = "2017",
author = " A. MOUIZ,A. BADRI, A. BAGHDAD, A. SAHEL ",